By Allison Leisner | March 8, 2016
The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) 2016 Design-Build Conference & Expo, which will be held at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas from November 2-4, attracts over 2,000 industry professionals spanning the entire A/E/C community, including owners both new to and experienced in design-build project delivery. The conference is the only industry event that provides a platform for experienced, knowledgeable and well-spoken industry experts to highlight key aspects of design-build project delivery including best practices, lessons learned, noted challenges, and/or emerging trends.
DBIA promotes the value of design-build project delivery and teaches the effective integration of design and construction services to ensure success for owners and design and construction practitioners. Only submissions that align with these core purposes will be considered.
In addition, we are seeking presentations ranging from topics on acquisition strategies to post-award and operations. Although there is no restriction on topics to be submitted, the following have been identified as areas of interest for 2016:
- Innovative Financing Solutions
- Incentive Contracting
- Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build
- Design-Build for the International Marketplace
- Design-Build for Transportation, Water/Wastewater and Other Infrastructure
- Managing Design in Design-Build
- Design Excellence Strategies and Techniques
- Design-Build on Smaller Projects
- Managing the Integrated Process in Post-Award (Contract Administration)
- Integrated Processes that Enhance Design-Build such as Lean Construction or BIM and Technology
- Risk and Opportunities in Contracting, Insurance and Procurement
- Delivery Method Risk Management Assessment
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Structuring a Dynamic Design-Build Team; Early Engagement of the Team (designer, specialty trades, owner, etc.); Integration Tools and Techniques that Enhance Collaboration; or Owner Roles/Responsibilities in Executing a Design-Build Project
- Pre-Award: Owner Considerations in Choosing an Integrated Delivery Model; Understanding Performance-Based Requirements; Evaluating Procurement Methodologies; or Writing and Responding to the RFQ/RFP
- Being an Effective Leader
How Are Presentations Scored?
A committee of design-build industry experts reviews and grades all submissions received. Additional consideration will be given to presentations that include one or more of the following elements.
- One or more presenters hold the DBIA™ or Associate DBIA™ credential (DBIA will verify this).
- Owner participation if proposing a panel discussion.
- Presentation is free of marketing or promotional material.
- Address DBIA Best Practices
- Address how the project/team benefited from the use of design-build, or lessons learned that will enhance future design-build projects.
Submitting Your Presentation Idea
All submissions must be completed online at: https://www.designbuildexpo.com/call_for_presentations.cfm
The deadline to submit a presentation is March 21, 2016. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to:
Executive Meetings & Event Coordinator
Voice: (202) 454-7528
Fax: (202) 682-5877