DBIA’s Design-Build VDC Leadership Exchange (VDCLEx) offers an incredible opportunity for design-build virtual design and construction leaders taking innovation to new heights to come together, network and learn. We’re excited to follow up on last year’s Leadership Exchange success in rolling out plans for the 2023 event.
This year we’ve expanded the VDCLEx to a half-day preconference experience on October 31. This event includes a general session, a Leaders Forum and two specialized VDC tracks: one for experienced VDC professionals leveraging VDC Done Right and the other for non-VDC professionals on the importance of bringing VDC to the table early on design-build projects.
DBIA is looking for VDC subject matter experts to help build this specialized program to take a deep dive into VDC plus discuss the role of VDC in design-build with non-VDC professionals:
VDC Deep Dive – For audiences more versed in VDC, we are looking for session ideas in this track that explore current trends in VDC.
- Describe the future of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence and robotics
- Defining collaborative workflows and processes to connect technology
- Exploring BIM use beyond just model authoring and clash detection, such as safety, estimating, scheduling
- Identifying KPIs in leveraging VDC
- Review needed contract language updates to influence better collaboration
VDC for Non-VDC Professionals – For audiences newer to VDC, we are looking for session ideas in this track that provide insight into how leveraging VDC can evolve the traditional business-as-usual approach to the design and construction process.
- Define the value and ROI of VDC in design-build
- Illustrate the importance of bringing VDC to the table from the outset of projects
- Outline how VDC is enabling design-build professionals to better socialize with project teams to drive transparency throughout the design, construction and turnover process
Consider submitting a session presentation for the VDCLEx before the
April 13, 2023, deadline
You can make the submission process easier by reviewing DBIA’s presentation criteria before completing your presentation proposal.