Joint Event with CMAA & LCI - How Public Owners Use Project Incentive Programs
Thursday, December 3, 2020
8:00 am - 9:30 am PST
- This event has passed.
Joint Event with CMAA & LCI – How Public Owners Use Project Incentive Programs
December 3, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Alternative delivery methods and lean ideology have transformed the construction industry and have an increasing presence on Public Projects due to expanded legislation and owner buy-in. These owners are now looking for ways to continuously improve the effectiveness of these programs through various innovations and refinements. One innovation that has proven to be successful is the use project incentive programs designed to maximize critical project outcomes such as cost, schedule, or quality by providing performance based compensation to the stakeholders that have direct control over these outcomes.
We invite owners, owner agents, contractors, designers, trade partners, and all other project stakeholders to join our impressive panel of professionals that have played a crucial role in the development and implementation of incentive programs on a multitude of public project types. During this discussion, based on examples from actual projects, attendees will learn:
- What are project incentive programs?
- What type of projects can incentives benefit?
- How can project incentives be used by public owners to maximize project outcomes?
- How can project incentives be implemented into various delivery methods?
- Who is responsible for driving the success of incentive programs?
- Why an incentive program is the backbone of a successful lean and alternative delivery project execution.
Emcee: Kevin Laut, CSU Office of the Chancellor
Moderator: Victor Sanvido, Southland Industries
- Sandra Beck, Capital Programs Consultant, Former Director and Associate Director at CSU and UC, SE Beck Group/UC
- Craig Unger, Federal Agency Consultant, FBOP/DOD
- Robert Sculz, Associate VP, Real Estate, Planning and Development, SDSU