February 10, 2017
More than 2,000 industry professionals spanning the architecture, engineering or construction community, including both new and experienced design-build owners attend the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) annual Design-Build Conference & Expo. Attendance at our annual conferences continues to grow and this year is no exception! The 2017 Design-Build Conference and Expo will be held November 8-10 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
This event provides a unique opportunity for industry experts to address a broad array of design and build pros across all sectors. We are looking for experienced, knowledgeable, and well-spoken industry experts to highlight key aspects of design-build project delivery including best practices, lessons learned, noted challenges, and/or emerging trends. DBIA promotes the value of design-build project delivery and teaches the effective integration of design and construction services to ensure success for owners and design and construction practitioners.
Only submissions that align with these core purposes will be considered.
Although there is no restriction on topics to be submitted, the following have been identified as areas of interest for 2017:
- Making the Design-Build Decision
* Owner Considerations in Choosing an Integrated Delivery Model
* Evaluating Procurement Methodologies
* Design-build on Smaller Projects
* Design-Build in the Private Sector
* Utilizing an Owners Advisor and/or Representative
- Procuring Design-Build Services
* Writing and Responding to the RFQ/RFP
* Understanding Performance-Based Requirements
* Innovative Financing Solutions
* Design Excellence Strategies and Techniques
- Contracting for Design-Build Services
* Incentive Contracting
* Risk and Opportunities in Contracting, Insurance and Procurement
* Delivery Method Risk Management Assessment
- Effective Teaming, Collaboration and Integration
* Structuring a Dynamic Design-Build Team
* The How and Why of Early Engagement of the Team (designer, specialty trades, owner, etc.)
* Integration Tools and Techniques that Enhance Collaboration
* Importance of Early Integration of Specialty Trades
- Executing the Delivery of Design-Build Projects
* Contract Administration in Design-Build
* Managing Design in Design-Build
* Integration of Lean Principles
* Use of BIM, VDC and Technology
* Owner Roles/Responsibilities in Executing a Design-Build Project
- The Future of Design-Build
* Public-Private Partnerships and Design-Build
* Design-Build for the International Marketplace
* Design-Build for Infrastructure
* Variations on Design-Build (e.g., Progressive, DBO, DBOM, etc.)
HOW ARE PRESENTATIONS SCORED?
A committee of design-build industry experts reviews and ranks all submissions. Additional consideration will be given to presentations that include one or more of the following elements.
- One or more presenters hold the DBIA™ or Associate DBIA™ credential (DBIA will verify this).
- Owner participation is included in proposed panel discussions.
- The topic is of broad interest to conference participants and not commercial promotion of specific products or service offerings.
- DBIA Best Practices are emphasized.
- The use of design-build and lessons learned are used to provide practical insights into delivering successful design-build projects.
Submitting Your Presentation Idea
All submissions must be completed online at: https://www.designbuildexpo.com/call_for_presentations.cfm
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to:
Executive Meetings & Event Coordinator
Voice: (202) 454-7528
Fax: (202) 682-5877