The 2018 Educator Workshop will be held August 13-15, 2018 at the University of Denver. A limited number of scholarships are available for faculty and academia. The deadline to submit an application is June 14, 2018.
Scholarships are available for qualified university faculty, which are individuals teaching in accredited, baccalaureate programs that prepare graduates for entry-level success in the U.S. building construction industry.
Full scholarships for the workshop include tuition, travel, lodging and meals. Faculty receiving scholarships will also receive a waived fee for components of DBIA certification including the online prep course, the application and the certification exam.
Scholarships are granted based on the following factors:
- Identification of a Faculty Champion. At least one faculty member is knowledgeable and passionate about DBIA principles, practices and enhancing student learning. Preference will be given to faculty who have received prior DBIA training or education.
- Faculty Can Teach Design-Build. The department can identify faculty and industry adjuncts who are qualified, or can be well-prepared, to teach design-build curriculum topics.
- Commitment at the Top. A Department Head (or equivalent) that has the authority to enhance their program’s curriculum content in design-build topics and is committed to this goal.
Though not required, all scholarship recipients are encouraged to seek design-build certification. Attending the workshop satisfies all core course/educational requirements for the credential. All that would be left after the workshop is for the faculty to complete an application to the Design-Build Certification Board for approval and to pass a comprehensive exam. Those receiving scholarships will be offered:
- Fee Waiver for the application fee and he certification exam fee as long as it is completed within six months of the workshop (February 28 of the following year)
- Fee Waiver for the online Exam Prep Course, to serve as a refresher for faculty prior to sitting for the exam.