As a design-build professional, you know our industry is constantly evolving. DBIA’s dedicated Contracts Committee – comprised of industry experts representing the perspectives of Owners, designers, contractors, architects and engineers – has been reviewing DBIA’s entire family of design-build contracts and has released updated versions of many of DBIA’s contracts to reflect these changes.
Over the past several months, the Contracts Committee has solicited input from thought-leaders from various sectors to ensure our documents were fair and balanced contracts designed to support success for the entire team and project Owner. The committee reviewed and revised the documents to reflect the evolution of design-build best practices that have developed over a decade of growth in the design-build market. As Owners and practitioners continue to deliver successful design-build projects, practices and procedures have become revised and the committee worked to capture the key examples and codify them in the latest editions of the documents.
This is what separates us from other industry contracts and that’s why we have such a diverse group engaged in our updates. The updated documents truly represent a consensus of industry stakeholders. These contract documents are highly customizable to meet the needs of your specific project. And stay tuned! The Contracts Committee is reviewing DBIA’s entire family of design-build contracts and additional updates to other contract documents will be released soon.
Updated contract documents and forms that have been released so far:
- 500 D1 Project Schedule of Values and Design-Builder’s Application for Payment
- 500 D2 Design-Build Change Order Form
- 500 D3 Design-Builder’s Affidavit of Final Release
- 500 D4 Certificate of Substantial Completion
- 500 D5 Design-Build Work Change Directive Form
- 520 Standard Form of Preliminary Agreement between Owner and Design-Builder
- 525 Standard Form of Agreement between Owner and Design Builder – Lump Sum
- 530 Standard Form of Agreement between Owner and Design-Builder – Cost Plus Fee
- 535 Standard Form of General Conditions of Contracts between Owner and Design
- 540 Standard Form of Agreement between Design-Builder and Design Consultant
- 544 Standard Form: Progressive Design-Build Agreement
- 545 Progressive Design-Build Agreement for Water and Wastewater Projects
- 550 Standard Form of Agreement between Design-Builder and General Contractor – Cost Plus Fee
- 555 Standard Form of Agreement between Design-Builder and General Contractor – Lump Sum
- 560 Standard Form of Agreement between Design-Builder and Design-Build Subcontractor – Cost Plus Fee
- 565 Standard Form of Agreement between Design-Builder and Design-Build Subcontractor – Lump Sum
- 570 Standard Form of Agreement between Design-Builder and Subcontractor (Where Subcontractor Does Not Provide Design Services)
- 575 Standard Form of Agreement between Design Consultant and DB Sub-Consultant
Don’t forget that DBIA members get half-off! So, if you’re not a member, now is the perfect time to join and collect those massive savings right away.
Find the updated DBIA contracts in the DBIA bookstore.