William E. Reifsteck, II, FDBIA, CRIS
Director of Preconstruction Services, Webcor Builders
Bill Reifsteck has over 35 years of construction industry experience. He has run projects in the Industrial, Healthcare, Higher Education and Public Sectors. He has managed projects of every size including estimating, scheduling, cost control and safety management, including running the industrial business unit of a multi-national design-build contractor. Mr. Reifsteck has been nationally and internationally recognized as a leader in several construction trade associations and has authored several articles on the construction “Best Practices.” Mr. Reifsteck has served as an expert witness on several major disputes opining on design-build, green litigation and construction defect litigation. He was awarded the 2010 Design-Build Distinguished Leadership Award by the Design-Build Institute of America. Mr. Reifsteck is currently Director of Preconstruction services at ProWest, a design-builder and construction manager.
Mr. Reifsteck has significant experience in the following areas:
- Developing project management control processes for a large ENR top 20 design-build contractor.
- Establishing project controls, including estimating; budgeting; cost monitoring and forecasting for several ENR top 100 general contractors.
- Schedule planning, monitoring and administration; manpower planning, forecasting and monitoring.
- Expert consultant on large international industrial projects as well as working with multi-national construction companies. Specialties include hardening of facilities, supply chain alternative resourcing, construction emergency response planning and industry-specific disaster recovery.
- Expert consultant in industrial construction, healthcare, education and manufacturing.
- Published Author of Two Million Bricks in 160 Days; the History of the Construction of Notre Dame Stadium in 1930.