The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) is pleased to announce the 2023 National Design-Build Project/Team Award Winners. Sixty-two projects from across the U.S. were submitted for consideration across 10 categories, and submissions were evaluated by a distinguished panel of industry experts. Merit Award winners will now compete for a National Award of Excellence, “Best of” categories and Project of the Year.
“With the continued growth of design-build, we are seeing more impressive projects that are raising the bar for success for design-build teams across the country, pushing the limits of high performance and optimizing triple-bottom line success,” DBIA Executive Director/CEO Lisa Washington, CAE, said.
Merit winners will be recognized and additional winners announced at DBIA’s Design-Build Conference & Expo Awards Ceremony Nov. 2, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. ET, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD.
- San Jose Mineta International Airport Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Facility (CA)
- Tampa International Airport, Blue Express Curbside (FL)
- Hampton, Virginia Aquaplex (VA)
- Helena, Montana Temple (MT)
- Jacob K. Javits Convention Center Expansion Project (NY)
- University of Arizona Student Success District (AZ)
- University of California San Diego Nuevo East Graduate Student Housing (CA)
- University of Washington Health Sciences Education Building (WA)
- University of Washington Tacoma Milgard Hall (WA)
- 1021 O Street State Office Building (CA)
- Ross Complex Redevelopment — Technical Services Building (WA)
- United States Courthouse — San Antonio (TX)
- Sharp Prebys Innovation and Education Center (CA)
- University of California, Irvine Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences Building & Sue and Bill Gross Nursing and Health Sciences Hall (CA)
- Bell & Evans Organic Chicken Facility (PA)
- Intralox Hammond (LA)
- Mark Anthony Brewing Brewery & Production Facility (SC)
- Building 60 Renovation (DC)
- South Puget Sound Community College Dr. Angela Bowen Center for Health Education (WA)
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority DC Headquarters (DC)
- Gov. Harry W. Nice/Sen. Thomas “Mac”Middleton Bridge Replacement (MD)
- Hunts Point Interstate Access Improvement Project Contract 1 (NY)
- SH 249 Extension Project (TX)
- Lewiston WTP Retrofit (ID)
- Lift Station 87 Wet Weather Flow Transfer (FL)
- Silicon Valley Clean Water Gravity Pipeline Project (CA)
A full list of project winners, including photos and descriptions of each project, can be found at DBIA’s Project/Team Awards page.
Learn more about how the DBIA Awards Jury chooses award-winning projects.